Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Patricia Vercillo has been working in the investigative industry since 2007. While studying Legal Assistant, Paralegal, Patricia began to see she was interested in other components of the law, which included the investigative evidence side of things. Patricia dedicated herself to learning all different categories of investigations to become an expert in the business and to help lawyers, insurance adjusters, business owners and families who need investigative services. Patricia is interviewed quite often as an expert in the investigation industry and contributes to a lot of The Smith Investigation Agency’s public relations. Patricia can be easily found online quoted in various articles surrounding many different investigative topics, including how to protect your privacy.
Patricia has been successful in working with various clients and their investigative needs. She has helped many people obtain the evidence they need in order to move forward with their next legal steps, and often on civil matters, has assisted in supplying closure. There is no investigative case that has yet to surprise Patricia or leave her stumped.
Patricia continues to consult on various investigations and works one on one with clients who need specific investigative recommendations. Patricia will often work directly with lawyers or her client’s lawyers to brainstorm and execute strategies of using investigative services to supply the most value toward their case.
- Diploma as Legal Assistant, Paralegal, 2009
- Diploma in Business Management, 2011
Articles and Mentions
- Best Company, 10 Expert Tips to Help You with Password Management (May 7, 2021)
- Family Handyman, 6 Ways to Protect Your Smart Home Devices (April 15, 2021)
- Reviews.com, Holiday Home Safety Tips (February 17, 2021)
- Smart Social, Digital Safety and Bending Screen Time Rules While Students are Home (January 12, 2021)
- Best Company, Avoiding a Romance Scam: What You Need to Know (October 10, 2020)
- Best Company, 10 Tips for Online Security (February 24, 2020)
- Forbes, Don’t Fall For These New Social Security Phone Scams (November 24, 2019)
- Hashed Out, Pinning down a Phishing Definition (July 19, 2019)
- i-Sight, The Complete Guide to Workplace Incident Investigations (July 10, 2019)
- i-Sight, Corporate Fraud Prevention: The Ultimate Guide (July 2, 2019)
- DiscoveryBit, How To Find Great Low-Competitive Scholarships/Grants While Avoiding Scams
Patricia is married and has one child. When Patricia is not assisting on investigations, you can find her reading, in the kitchen, watching Food Network, hiking and spending time with her family.