As The Smith Investigation Agency recently expanded to Alberta we naturally wanted to reach out to other women in business. That is when we met Meet Ilona Makar and Debbie Van Camp of the Connected Business Women Networking (CBWN). We wanted them to share about their amazing networking with other women in Alberta currently in Calgary and Edmonton.
“The CBWN is a women’s only networking organization that meets monthly for business luncheons and quarterly for networking socials. In addition, each April we hold a Biz Bang Event that allows experts to speak on hot topics and attendees to learn from the expert both by presentation and one-on-one quick format sessions. Our luncheons are structured with a great format divided into two parts with informal networking before, during and after the lunch. Our mandate is to learn, connect and inspire. We are committed to providing service and support to female business leaders, entrepreneurs, business executives and home-based sales leaders who have both successful and developing businesses and careers. We provide the forum for you to connect and help grow each other’s businesses. We provide the vehicle to meet like-minded women, create relationships and grow both your business with friendships that form as an added bonus. We do not have a membership, but rather a Loyalty Program, which allows attendees to save on all activities, have access to insurance benefits such as home, auto and health, as well as listed on our Directory on our website. Our Loyalty Program is optional in order to attend our events. All events are pay as you go.
Currently we are an Alberta only based group with 2 locations, one in Calgary and one in Edmonton, with the desire to grow our organizations in other provinces in the future.
- Allows you to build real relationships to increase networking success and promote business growth
- Develop relationships and network with people you know, like and trust
- Is made up of savvy female entrepreneurs, executives and business professionals
- Networking events are informative and high energy and structured
- Is a group with a sincere desire to help each other grow personally and professionally
- Invites you to a meeting of learning and inspiration for professional women in business
Meet the owners:
Ilona Makar began the initial networking franchise in Calgary under another company name in 2009. In 2010 met Debbie Van Camp who also had a similar networking franchise in another area of Calgary. They joined forces that same year, building on what they had learned that worked within their own groups and started a new networking company. CBWN was born!
Given the success of CBWN in Calgary, the decision to open up new markets was made, and Connected Business Women Network was born. The new name is a reflection of not only our mission but also, our desire to provide Edmonton business women with the same benefits and experiences Calgary Business Women have come to know and expect.
Our Core Values:
What’s different about CBWN?
- Pay as you come (early-bird ends one week prior)
- Monthly meeting
- Speakers at our meetings are from our group and their sessions are aimed at providing value and are educational in nature. Priority is given to Loyalty Participants.
- Support from within the group – Access the brilliant minds and talented individuals who are in your network.
- Volunteer positions at every meeting to help you be top of mind with the group
- Nurturing, supportive, friendly and collaborative members
- Come away every meeting with solid contacts, leads and with a dose of inspiration to last you all month long!
CBWN is committed to providing an inclusive, membership free option to participate in every CBWN event, right from your first meeting. This has become our signature standard. Women’s business organizations have been instrumental in shaping the nature of contemporary networking organizations. With the proliferation of women business in the previous decades, many women formed structured, well-organized groups that met to network and provide professional support. These groups were created not as service clubs but as bona fide networking organizations. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket; one type of business organization won’t serve all your needs. Consciously select a well-rounded mix of networking groups. We believe there is room in the marketplace for all networking groups. Come out and be part of the most sought-after women’s networking group, CBWN.”
The Smith Investigation Agency being a woman owned business is happy to be associated with other women in business working with each other to promote success.